Recipe adapted from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷
20gm cocoa powder
40gm warm water
30gm egg yolks @ 3 nos of eggs
30gm milk (I used chocolate milk)
75gm cake flour (I used 65gm plain flour + 10gm corn flour)
120gm egg white @ 3 nos of eggs
180gm dairy cream
20gm fine sugar
1) Melt coco powder with the warm water and set aside
2) Whisk egg yolks with sugar till sugar melt or turn pale. Add milk+oil and mix. Pour in (1) & stirred. Add flour and mix. Do not overmix.
3) Whisk Set (C) till stiff peak
4) Remove 1/3 of (3) and fold into (2)
5) Pour (4) into balance white and fold. Again do not overmix else it will deflat the white.
6) lined tray with baking paper and pour (5). Bang the tray (36x26cm) to release big bubble and baked in top heat 190c and bottom heat 160c for 12mins. ( I baked at 180c since my oven can’t adjust the heating element for 15mins)
7) removed from tray immediately and released the edges of the baking paper to allow the cake to cool.
8) Spread filling and roll. Keep refrigerated for about 30-60mins before slicing.