250g bread flour
50g plain four
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ tsp instant yeast
180ml cold water
2 tbsp milk powder
20g butter (soften at room temperature)
Glazing: 1 tbsp whole egg (lightly beaten)
Topping: some black and white sesame
Fillings: 12 small cubes cold butter and some icing sugar
1) Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour the cold water in the well. Mix the ingredients to form soft dough.
2) Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead and mix in the butter into the dough. Continue to knead until the dough becomes smooth, elastic and non-sticky.
3) Form the dough into round ball, place it into a lightly greased big mixing bowl and cover with cling wrap, let it rise in room temperature till double in size (about 1 hour in our weather).
4) Punch out the gas in the dough, let it rest for 15 mins.
5) Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, roll into round ball, wrap each dough with one small cube of butter coated with icing sugar, pinch the dough to seal the seam tightly.