Here’s the pau skin recipe:
180g cake flour
20g corn starch
5g double action baking powder
100ml warm water
4g instant yeast (dry yeast)
18g sunflower seed oil or corn oil
1. Mix everything together and knead till you get a smooth and pliable dough.
2. Prove or rest dough in a covered and warm place for 50 minutes.
3. Punch air out of dough and divide into 8 equal pieces of about 43g each.
4. Shape the pieces round, cover it with a wet towel and rest them for 5 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough piece and shape it into a round disc about 8 or 9 cm in diameter with the center thicker then the rim.
6. Wrap in 25 -35g of filling and pleat the dough into pau shape. Put the pau on a piece of grease-proof paper and line them in the steamer. Rest the pieces for 15 minutes.
7. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes. Serve them piping hot!!!