3 hard-boiled eggs
¼ stalk celery, finely diced
2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
½ tablespoon bottled chili sauce
Splash of lime juice
¼ teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt
3 dashes black pepper
1. Place the eggs in a pot covered with water. Add some salt. Cover the pot and bring the water to boil. Remove the pot from the heat and leave the eggs in the hot water, with the pot covered, for 12 minutes. Drain the water and rinse the eggs with cold running water. Crack and remove the egg shells.
2. Cut the eggs into halves. Discard one egg yolk and use only two egg yolks. Chop the egg whites into small pieces.
3. Combine the eggs, celery, mayonnaise, chili sauce, lime juice, sugar, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Stir to blend well. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Cut the crust of five pieces of white bread and toast the bread with a bread toaster.
5. Cut the toasted bread into halves and spread a layer of the egg salad evenly on a piece of the bread. Top another piece of the toasted bread on top to make the egg salad sandwich. Repeat the same until you use up all the ingredients.