Ingredients: (yield 9 cups)
3 egg white
1/8 tsp salt
75g castor sugar (too sweet, need to reduce further)
3 egg yolk
70g cake flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1) In a clean and dry bowl, beat egg white using medium speed till frothy, add salt and sugar gradually, continue to beat till soft peak.
2) Add egg yolk one at a time, mix well before each addition.
3) Sieve in half of the flour, fold in with a rubber spatula until just incorporated. Repeat for the remaining flour.
4) Remove a few tbsp of the egg batter and blend with vanilla extract and oil. Fold the mixture into the remaining egg batter, mix well.
5) Scoop into paper cup till about 60% full (for the size of paper cup I used, each cup is about 2 heaped tbsp), bake in preheated oven at 180C, middle rack, for about 18-20 mins.