Foodelicious Heaven: This Marble Butter Cake from Do What I Like sure looks fine!!
100g butter (room temperature)
80g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp rum
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 tbsp milk
100g cake flour
30g corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
10g cocoa powder
5g icing sugar
2 tbsp warm milk
1. Line a loaf pan (17cm x 6.5cm) with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Sieve cocoa powder and icing sugar, then stir in the milk to get a smooth chocolate paste.
3. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla essence/rum and salt with electric egg beater till light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time till well combined.
5. Stir in the milk.
6. Cream in the sieved flour mixture (cake flour, corn starch and baking powder) till smooth and well combined. I use my electric egg beater at lowest speed to do this part.
7. Divide batter into 2 portions and stir the chocolate paste into one of the portion.
8. Spoon the butter batter and chocolate batter alternatively into the loaf pan and bake at 170C for 40 – 50 minutes or till cooked.
You may want to add in 2 tsp of grated orange zest for that added tangy flavour.