60g castor sugar
20ml maple syrup (can be replaced by honey)
80g cake flour }
3g baking powder} (I replaced with self-raising flour)
20g ground almond
100g unsalted butter (melted)
½ tsp lemon zest
1) Beat eggs and sugar till sugar dissolved (need not beat till fluffy).
2) Add maple syrup, mix well and add lemon zest.
3) Sieve in flour mixture and ground almond, mix till just incorporated.
4) Add in melted butter gradually and mix well. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for overnight or at least one hour.
5) Grease and flour Madeleine mould, fill with batter till 80% full.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 12-15 mins, upper rack.
(Recipe reference: Jane’s Corner)