Mee Jian Kueh aka Apam Balik (Baking Powder Version)
Ingredients: (serve 4 or serve 8 if halve the thickness)
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
¾ cup (180ml) milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (130g) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ scant tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cooking oil
Fillings: Butter / ground peanut + castor sugar / red bean paste etc
1) Whisk (A) until sugar is dissolved.
2) Add (B), mix well.
3) Sift in (C) in batches, mix well. Add (D), mix till just combined.
4) Pour the batter in HCP, close the lid with magnet. Cook over low heat for about 8-9 mins. If you want the skin to have even colour, move the pan left and right every now and then. When the skin is brown and the surface is set with tiny holes, it is done. Add fillings and fold into half. Slice and serve.
1) Suggest cooking in two batches as I find the MJK is too thick. If cook in two batches, the cooking time should be shorter, please adjust accordingly.
2) You may use a regular non-stick pan for this but need to adjust the cooking time depending on your pan.