2 cups rice (300g)
2 cups water (350ml)
2 chicken drumsticks (300g)
5 dried Shitake mushrooms
2 dried Chinese sausages
2 stalks mustard greens
50g salted fish
Marinade for Chicken:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp ginger juice
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
a dash of pepper
1 tsp cornflour
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water till softened. Cut off stalks, drain and squeeze dry.
2. Wash sausages and cut each into 6 to 8 pieces. Wash vegetables and cut into pieces.
3. Fry salted fish in a little oil till crispy and crumble into small pieces.
4. Wash and cut chicken drumsticks into pieces. Mix with marinade and salted fish and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Wash rice, drain and put into the claypot with the water and 1 tbsp of Maggi concentrated chicken stock. Bring to the boil over high heat. When steam holes appear on rice, add the chicken, mushrooms and sausages.
6. Cover claypot and continue to cook over low heat for another 15 to 20 minutes till chicken is cooked.
7. Add vegetables on top, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
8. Mix well before serving and drizzle some dark soya sauce over the rice.